Thursday, January 14, 2010

Current Obsession: Maple Pretz


When it comes to snacks, I tend to eat things in bunches.  I fixate on one snack and eat it intensively for a period of time. Currently I'm eating a old favorite: Maple Pretz.  

Pretz are delicate stick-shaped biscuits, like pretzels, but sweeter.  Maple Pretz have a soft maple and butter flavor and taste like the essence of pancakes. 

Maple Pretz has been available off and on in Chicago over the past few years.  A few years ago I had it and loved it.  It was a limited edition flavor that I thought I had lost forever (apparently it may have be available in Canada).  Then Ezaki Glico made a similar and equally delicious French Toast Pretz.  But that too was limited edition.  While at Mitsuwa the other day (where I found the Baumkuchen), I saw some fresh bags of Maple Pretz.  I had better eat up while I can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment